1. By entering the competition and/or accepting any prize (if you are a winner), you agree to these terms and conditions.
2. The promoter of the competition is CCFM Trust also referred to as Radio CCFM and/or CCFM.
3. You are not eligible to enter a competition if you are a:
a) Trustee, employee, volunteer, agent or consultant of CCFM.
b) Spouse of the above mentioned.
c) Immediate family member of the above mentioned.
d) Affiliate or any other person who supplies goods or services in connection with the competition.
e) A prize winner of a CCFM competition within the past three (3) months.
f) Unless otherwise stipulated, you are below the age of 18 (eighteen) years at the time of entering the competition without the written consent of a parent or legal guardian.
4. CCFM may limit the number of times that you may enter any competition.
5. It is the competition entrant’s responsibility to ensure that all the information provided to CCFM is complete, accurate and valid. No entry is eligible until the validation process, as determined by CCFM, has taken place.
6. Any entries received after the closure of such competition will not be eligible to participate in such competition, regardless of the reason for the late entry. CCFM shall not be liable for any technical failure that may result in such entry not being successfully submitted.
7. The determination of the outcome of the competition is subject to the competition-specific terms and conditions, as well as CCFM’s general competition rules. The decision of the auditor, or judge, or presenter or organizer of the competition is final, and no negotiation and or correspondence will be entered into after the fact.
8. Participants in the competition enter and/or accept prizes (if they are the winner) at their own risk. By entering the competition and/or accepting any prize, the participants and winners hereby indemnify, release and hold harmless CCFM and its affiliates from and against any actions, claims and/or liability for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the competition, and/or the use, acceptance or possession of a prize by the winner and/or any person with whom the winner shares that prize. In terms of the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 the aforementioned hold harmless clause does not apply to gross negligence on the part of CCFM and/or its affiliates.
9. For purposes hereof, “affiliate” means our partners, co-promoters and sponsors of this competition, our and their subsidiaries and respective holding companies, the subsidiaries of their holding companies, and our and their directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives.
10. Any prize is accepted by a winner at his/her own risk and CCFM and its affiliates are not liable, at any time, for any defect in the prizes. However, should any prize be defective, CCFM will provide the contact details of the supplier of prizes to the winner.
11. Prizes must be claimed from the CCFM radio station. The current station address is 146 Main Road, Muizenberg.
12. All prizes must be claimed within the stipulated time frame. Prizes not claimed after two (2) calendar months of the announcement of winners. Prizes not claimed within this period shall be forfeited.
13. Depending on the nature of the competition and the prize, CCFM will endeavour to have the prize(s) ready for the winner’s collection within a period of 2 to 5 days of the winner announcement. This may be dependent on availability and logistics of supply and partner commitment, and may be subject to change without prior notice. However, this will be communicated with the winner.
14. Unless stated otherwise, accessories may not be included as part of a prize.
15. Prizes are not transferable, and may not be exchanged or redeemed for cash or any other item.
16. If you win a prize and the possession and/or use of that prize is subject to regulations or authorisation, you must possess the necessary documentation and permission/authorisation that is required in order to accept and use such prize. Such documents, permission or authorisation must remain valid for the duration of the use of the prize. It is the winner’s responsibility to obtain these documents, permission or authorisation. The cost of obtaining these documents, permission or authorisation will be at the winner’s own cost.
17. A person may not win a prize if it is unlawful or against the promotional competition terms and conditions for CCFM to supply such prize to the winner. Should a person win such prize, it shall be forfeited, and an alternate winner may be selected.
18. Where a presenter conducts a competition (which is not a CCFM-endorsed competition), the prize shall be paid for by the presenter him/herself. CCFM accepts no responsibility for the fulfilment of any competition, and the reward attached to such aforementioned competition.
19. If a person wins a prize, the winner consents to:
a) The publishing or distribution by CCFM and the prize sponsors of the winner’s name; the fact that they have won a prize from CCFM or sponsor, as well as details of the prize(s) received.
b) Within reason and with prior notice and acceptance, the use of their image in marketing material of CCFM and the prize sponsors;
c) Subject to their prior acceptance, participate in CCFM’s marketing activities; without remuneration.
20. CCFM shall not be held liable for any injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the publication of a winner’s name, and/or image.
21. Subject to the clause 18, CCFM shall not disclose any of the participant’s personal information to third parties, without that participant’s consent.
22. If a winner fails to comply with any of these terms and conditions as well as the competition specific terms and conditions, then without prejudice to any other remedy which CCFM may have, –
a) The winner will be automatically disqualified from the competition; and
b) if the winner has won a prize, the winner will forfeit that prize.